Reset ABAP SCHEMA SAPSR3 User Password Up To SAP ERP6.0 EHP6
1. Check SAPSR3 user validity first on SQL Plus
Select username,profile,password,ACCOUNT_STATUS,EXPIRY_DATE from dba_users where username=’SAPSR3’;
If the validity is getting expired save that record first
2. Check SAPSR3 user password value and save it before change some time revert might required.
- Select name, password, ASTATUS from sys.user$ where name=’SAPSR3’;
3. Reset the password of system user first
brconnect –u / -c –f chpass –o system –p < new password)
or Through command line
sqlplus > alter user <user_name> identified by <new password>;
This system user is required to login and insert values of SAPSR3 schema users changed password.
4. Change the SAPSR3 user password with below command
brconnect –u system/<Systemuser_password> -f chpass –o SAPSR3 –p <SAPSR3 user new_password>
5. Now check if R3trans –d output is 0000 with sidadm user on os box.
Reset ABAP SCHEMA SAPSR3 User Password in SAP ERP6.0 EHP7 onwards
1. Check env | grep RSEC
It will give 2 directory Path one is for key & other is for data
2. Goto path cd /usr/sap/SID/SYS/global/security/rsecssfs/data
Check how many files are there with command ls –altr
You could get a file like SSFS_SID.DAT make a copy of this file as backup and then execute next command to reset SAPSR3 password
- rsecssfx put DB_CONNECT/DEFAULT_DB_USER SAPSR3 –plain
- rsecssfx put DB_CONNECT/DEFAULT_DB_PASSWORD <new_password>
Make sure the SAPSR3 user should not be written in lowercase otherwise it could create issue.
3. Now check R3trans –d command output again <it should be 0000 only>
For SAP Net weaver 740 onwards, There are no mechanism of OPS$ to connect with database only SAPSR3 & password required to connect & this Password should be changed via Secstore method only.